Baby Massage – Stafford
Our baby massage courses (Beyond Expecting) in Stafford are a wonderful way to bond with your baby! You can meet other parents or reconnect with those you met at your Expecting classes. Each course is 6 hours long over 4x 1.5 hour sessions which allows for time to chat, off load & receive refreshments! (Dad’s courses are condensed into 3 x 1.5 hour sessions on weekends.
You don’t need to bring anything (well, don’t forget your baby & a spare nappy)! Mats, towels & oils are provided at your baby massage course. You will also receive a small bottle of oil to take home after the first session, so you can start trying your baby massage at home!
(It’s important to understand that your baby may not want to be massaged in the class & that’s ok – you can still learn the techniques to try at home).
Baby massage benefits
Baby massage has endless benefits for both babies and their parents. These will be explained during the sessions. Many parents are relieved to know it can help improve baby’s quality of sleep through relaxation! It’s also brilliant for helping the digestive system & reducing the discomfort of colic, wind & constipation! Other benefits of baby massage are listed below.
Please be aware that your babies should be at least 6 weeks old and shouldn’t be crawling when you join the classes.
Massage can help babies…
- feel loved, respected and secure
- adapt to their new environment
- learn to play
Improve physiological health by…
- stimulating all the senses
- promoting relaxation which can improve quality of sleep
- enhancing growth & development
- encouraging body awareness
- regulating the digestive systems & reduce the discomfort of colic, wind & constipation
- improving skin condition & muscle tone
- maintaining flexibility of the joints, ligaments & tendons
- strengthening the respiratory, & immune systems
- stimulating the circulatory system
- hoping to balance the nervous system
Massage can help parents…
- feel more confident about handling their baby
- understand the signs & signals their baby uses, so they know what they are ‘saying’ to them
- find time to play with their baby
- relax whilst having fun with their baby
- enhance the feeling of closeness with their baby, so that their relationship may strengthen & grow