https://youtu.be/QJeUuCjneao When should I start packing my hospital bag? We advise you to start packing your hospital bag around 34-35 weeks of pregnancy. It’s much better to be prepared early even if you add a few items to your bags nearer to your due date. If you went into labour early, this is one less…
- Freya's classes in Cannock were one of a kind. My partner and I learnt so much and enjoyed going every week. Her classes were tailored to tell you everything you needed to know with a no nonsense approach. The sessions were really interactive, with people sharing stories and asking questions. Sometimes we got completely off topic 🤣 but it's that sort of thing that has made us a group of mummy and daddy friends for life, sharing this wonderful experience together and Freya guiding us along the way 😍read moreread lessAlison H.15/01/24The Expecting classes in Cannock with Freya were absolutely fantastic; important information given in a way that was easy to understand. Freya is truly an expert in her field, and really helps you to prepare for your baby's arrival. She was incredibly kind and encouraging, and continues to be amazingly supportive even after my wee one was born. She goes above and beyond to help! She gives you sensible research-backed, and experience-backed, advice that is invaluable. She also provides the perfect setting to meet other Mums and Dads, and encouragment to form a group of lovely friends in the same position! I strongly recommend these classes; you don't just get information, you get the village you need to raise your child.read moreread lessAlexandra I.15/01/24
- My partner and I attended these classes prior to the birth of our daughter. They were really useful and we benefited a lot from attending. I cannot recommend them enough. Freya was lovely and we ended up using a lot of the information before and after the birth. The format was really accessible and the support provided via WhatsApp in the form of a group chat was superb.read moreread lessGenevieve A.17/12/23Freya is amazing! Freya has been, and continues to be, amazing and such a massive support, both pre and post birth. The course is so informative, and gives lots of clear answers for first time parents, where we found advice from the NHS to be vague and unclear. Dads are included as much as Mums, and there are no cringey group breathing exercises. We would highly recommend this and all of Freya's classes for first-time parents.read moreread lessPaul B.29/09/23
- Really enjoyed the class. Very informative and covers all the main areas of labour and early days with a newborn. It was also lovely to meet other expecting parents in the local area.read moreread lessJade A.09/09/23So pleased that we signed up to these classes. Found them really useful but also enjoyable. It was a really lovely opportunity to meet couples who were also about to become new parents. Gemma is fab and goes out of her way to make everyone feel comfortable and get the most out of the sessions. Would highly recommendread moreread lessLaura C.09/09/23
- Gemma is super approachable and put us completely at ease- there was no such thing as a stupid question!read moreread lessSamantha R.09/09/23SUPERB! SUPERB! I attended Freya’s hypnobirthing class with my husband and we found it so incredibly useful! She’s full of so much knowledge and information but made it really accessible. The class was really relaxing and we feel really positive about the birth. THANK YOU!read moreread lessSophie A.02/09/23
- Very informative classes We really enjoyed attending the antenatal classes and found them very informative. Freya creates a very relaxed environment where you feel comfortable to ask questions and discuss any concerns you have. We would really recommend the Expecting classes, they are really worth it!read moreread lessElle P.01/09/23Freya is great Freya is great! Her classes are informative without being intimidating. She has so much knowledge and experience and doesn’t for d her opinion on you. She has loads of advice to give. Our classes were gifted to us from my Sister in Law as she also found her so great. Would 100% recommend Freya to anyone expecting!read moreread lesscustomer01/09/23
- I would highly recommend this class to any expectant parents, Gemma is amazing and as a practising midwife is able to pass on so much knowledge and up to date information, particularly on local hospitals and services that would be difficult to find elsewhere. The course was very relaxed and friendly and I’m so glad we made the decision to do it!read moreread lessJessica R.09/08/23Superb Classes and Support The classes were brilliant. Very interactive filled with lots of information that has proved extremely useful. The ongoing support and openness of the group leader is brilliant and somewhat invaluable. Highly recommend anyone expecting a baby to attend one of these courses. An absolute bargain for what is provided.read moreread lessJohn P.07/08/23
- Baby Massage and Yoga A comfortable safe space where I was able to enjoy and learn something new with my baby. Felt it helped us bond and make bad days turn into good ones. It was lovely to meet other Mums and share our experiences and stories together. I will miss my Mondays with Freya and our group! Definitely would recommend to any new Mum or Dad.read moreread lessChloe03/08/23Expecting everything! We have become a fully converted Expecting family. Having done the antenatal courses, both my partner and I felt well informed when it came to bringing our baby boy into the world. Beyond Expecting has provided Ezra and I with a great weekly pit stop to decompress, and catch up with other Mums and babies. We have also just finished baby massage and baby yoga where we met more lovely Mums and babies and I have really enjoyed the bonding experience of some more physical/touch-based activity with baby. We love it so much my husband even did Dad’s massage. Every step of the way we have found Freya to be encouraging, calming and supportive and I’m so grateful for the communities that have been built through all these activities - I couldn’t imagine doing this baby malarkey without them!read moreread lessMaddy B.03/08/23
- Full expecting experience Me and my partner started with the expecting antenatal classes which helped us both feel more confident about the big day and the fourth trimester. I also did the Hypnobirthing course, although my little boy came so quickly I didn’t get chance to put my practise to work, I did find it very relaxing in the last few weeks of pregnancy. We then continued with Freya for baby massage, I felt so supported by Freya when he was poorly. Freya is down to earth and so empathetic. The leg massage techniques certainly helped me to keep him calm on his op day! Bertie loves Freya and all the little babies he met so much we continued with baby yoga. He had so much fun, belly laughing through most of the classes 😂. We will certainly miss our Monday hot chocolate. Highly recommend! Such a calm and welcoming atmosphere even when baby is having a grizzly day!read moreread lessVikki L.02/08/23The perfect follow on from the antenatal classes from beyond expecting The baby massage and yoga classes are a great bonding experience for you and your little one! Both are perfect to do at home and packs are sent out after each session!! The sessions are great to meet mums at the same stage as you and bounce ideas or talk openly during them tough weeks when needed! Freya is so welcoming and hosts them in her home which is a cosy environment for all! Highly recommendread moreread lessCathy H.02/08/23
- We had been recommended Freya’s classes by a few friends and we can see why! Freya’s classes were brilliant in preparing us with the right amount of information vs time to talk and involve both mums and dads to be! Freya is so welcoming with plenty of drinks and snacks too! It was a great way to meet families at the same stage and has been great to keep in touch with the group in the months after helped as well by the reunion that Freya organises before classes finish. We have also attended the beyond expecting baby group which is a lovely informal session to meet others and feel less alone as first time parents and Freya facilitates conversations with others you have things in common with so don’t worry if you are going alone! I’d recommend Freya’s classes to anyone and classes are so reasonable too! Freya’s support hasn’t stopped after the group either she goes beyond to make you feel supported whenever you have a question she’s still at the end of a phone!read moreread lessHannah B.21/06/23Excellent sessions - a must for new parents! Freya’s sessions were fantastic in preparing my husband and I for the labour and birth of our first child! I truly believe because of these classes and the additional hypnobirthing course with Freya I got the unmedicated water birth I dreamt of. Without this knowledge I know I would have had more pain medication and felt less confident about giving birth. The aftercare with Freya is fantastic too any issues or questions she is the first person I contact for advice and the beyond expecting baby group is brilliant. This class is a must for new time parents!read moreread lessCathy H.03/05/23
- These classes were recommended to us by my partner’s sister and I am so, so grateful she did!
We had scoured the internet trying to find a class we could attend as a couple that would fit around work, and Expecting did just that.
From the very first evening, Freya created a warm and welcoming atmosphere where no question was a silly one and everyone in the group was included.
I loved that partners were involved throughout, and the importance of their role was emphasised.
Freya’s wealth of knowledge and experience is one thing, but her sense of humour and openness is incomparable! Freya doesn’t indulge horror stories or ‘just you waits’ but also doesn’t sugar coat what to expect either.
I could not speak highly enough of our experience of Expecting Antenatal Classes and we both definitely feel more prepared now than we would ever have done without them.read moreread lessBecky R.04/04/23A fabulous, in depth & informative course! A fabulous, in depth, but informative course! We’ve absolutely loved these sessions & they’ve taught us so much. Freya is a wealth of knowledge & we particularly wanted a midwife lead class. She made us feel at ease to ask questions & the group atmosphere was welcoming, with refreshments provided. Freya has definitely alleviated a lot of worries, preparing us for our exciting journey ahead! Highly recommended.read moreread lessAnji S.02/04/23